ECU Tuning as per "Down Under"

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 00:15:16 -0500

Mike Jez wrote:

>Not to be rude or anything but U can buy Data Loggers for your Palm pilot
>and it will do everything a Consult will do, it will give U capability of
>a snap shot- basically a movie of whats going on with the engine for a
>period of time- U can save up as much as your Palm can hold.  U do not
>have to take the ECU out to read codes with this, or turn any screws.

My understanding is that this is only true for OBD-II cars.  This is by
virtue of the government mandated standard output stream (again, as I
understand it).  I don't know of *any* such data logger for an OBD-I
Nissan.  If you do, would you please provide details.  I would like to
acquire one.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20 turbo (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>