Analyzing my 1/4 Mile timeslip!(long)

Soonthorn, Marvin STG2(SW) (HAYLER) mrsentra@hayler.navy.mil
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 11:54:21 -0500

Hey everyone,

		I've been lurking on the list for quite some time now, but I
need to see what you all think about my timeslip. I have posted it on
B15sentra.net and have gotten some ideas already on how to improve it. I
seek guidance from the list cause I know you guys are the heart and soul of
the SR20 around here, and I have limited access to the internet right now as
I'm "away" from land right now. ;)

Just a little backround of the car:

2000 B15 SE with approx. 22,000 miles.

Mods:

Stromung Cat Back, Place Racing CAI, Unorthodox Pulleys(Crank/Water Pump),
Advanced timing to 19 degrees, 5Zigen Fighter's with Yoko Parada Spec
2's(205 45R17's@27 psi for the fronts, 40 psi for the rears), Mobil 1
Synthetic, Autometer Tach, NISMO radiator cap and modest weight reduction
(front passenger seat, rear seats, spare, trunk carpet, and jack). Oh and a
1/4 tank of gas. ;)

I found that when I lowered my tire pressure in the fronts through the
night, I still had lots of wheel hop and wheel spin. I've read a lot around
here and on the forums about recommended launch techniques, but all I did
was basically totally let my foot off the clutch and drop the gas to the
floor. I launched approx. at 2500 RPM. Here's my numbers:

60'	2.270
330	6.480
1/8	9.995
MPH	68.89
1000	13.025
1/4	15.616
MPH	86.17

This was my third run of the night at Dinwiddie, VA (Virginia Motorsports
Park). This was my third time ever at the drags, but I run quite a bit each
night. I know that I probably don't have much more time to improve with what
I got in my SE right now, but I just want to make sure that I'm doing
everything possible to run as fast as I can. I also have just installed a
Pacesetter SS and ES shifter bushings. I'm not sure how much it will help me
at the drags. Thanks in advance!

Marvin
B15 SE with mods
www.mrsentra.freeservers.com