sway bar

Brian Cembor bcembor@fastenal.com
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 08:15:49 -0500

Well I replaced the bushings on my rear sway bar last night. Let me tell ya,
way more involved than I first thought. I monkeyed it from the start....
unscrewed the brackets first, not the end links. Finally did it right got it
all undone. The bracket bushings were definitely worn as well as the end
links, they were warped. Putting it back together was the PITA... I used
Performance Suspension Technology's polygraphite bushings, way thicker and
stiffer than stock. Wish I had taken pictures to compare. Anywho, needless
to say it took me almost 2 hours to do the job. PST uses Nylocks to hold the
driver-side bracket in place... my arms are sore.

2 questions. First, the passenger side link bar looked bent. Rather, the
stud on the bottom was bent forward and up at about a 15 degree angle. Is
that normal?
And when reassembling the unit is it supposed to have bushings between the
nut and sway bar where it connects to the link bar on the threaded stud?
Thanks,
Brian Cembor
92 SE-R