35 offset with 16x17.5

Chris Pronios hpro@b-link.gr
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 05:04:23 -0500

Dren, I am afraid Steve is correct and my initial suggestion should be
"ammended" somehow.

Indeed offset is relative to the center as you said but... in our nice
little formula the "relative" position of the center is nowhere to be found.
(W/2)-D it was... D (our measurement) is relative to the outer lip so
actually our D is Actual Offset+Wl (Width of Lip).

So in reality, you should also use a really large caliper to measure the
actual rim width including the lips! (obviously will be 6.5*25.4 +2*Wl).

Chris