35 offset with 16x17.5

Maurice Hilarius maurice@harddata.com
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 19:08:25 -0500

>From: "Steve Obert" <obert@snet.net>

>Just remember that the wheel width is measured from where the tire bead
>sits.  To measure from the outside you should also measure the overall rim
>width which may be up to 1 inch wider.

Right. INSIDE the tire bead on the rim.
For example the wheels on a Spec V are called 7"
If you measure outside of bead it is 8"
But it is really 7"

As for the Conti's on a Spec V not being grippy enough, I think the thing
to remember is that you already acknowledged what you did wrong. Need
throttle to dig out of corners.
At 55MPH if I tunnel in my Spec V to a 90 degree corner,  and flat out
punch it at around 4600rpm in 3rd, it digs in nicely.

I have not been able to break loose my back end at that speed on clean asphalt.
And I have tried quite hard, thank you.

I have Pirelli P7000's on mine. They are not quite as dry road grippy as
the stock ContiSports, but a lot more useful to me as they can actually be
driven on a bit of ice, rain, or snow.

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius       Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.               FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue        mailto:maurice@harddata.com
Edmonton, AB, Canada      http://www.harddata.com/
    T5X 1Y3

2.3TB RAID5 NAS server - dual AthlonMP CPU, Linux, $10,995 CAD / $6850 USD