Help needed - CV failure?

Tom Paule tapaule@yahoo.com
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 11:16:20 -0500

I've had a couple axles fail at the track, none of
them gave me as much warning as George got. I wasn't
able to hear anything in the car, but an occasional
tug on the wheel to one side was all the warning I
got. I was able to finish the two races I was in when
the axles failed, but one locked up while I was in
impound to the point where I had to fight to keep the
car going straight to get to my garage in the pits.

I heard more of a "rumble" noise. No high pitched
squeaks or sqeals, although I got a "gritch"-ing noise
in the pits the one time.

Tom