2.5liter SE-R with LSD?

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 20:52:18 -0500

On Sat, Aug 24, 2002 at 01:00:08PM -0500, JFormantes@aol.com wrote:

> I am confused on what's going on!...Does the 2.5 SE-R  (base not SPEC-V) is
> equipped with VLSD?

As others have said, no.  More notes:

 - We *do* call it an HLSD.  Helical is the first word of the acronym;
most current SE-R owners look at you like you have two heads when you
mention ATB (long or short form.  It is the Torsen design, just as the
Quaife is, just as the ITR was, and many Porsche and Audis are, among
other Torsen licensees.  At least, that's how I understand the Torsen
technology to be distributed.

 - I keep hearing rumors about a NISMO dog-type LSD.  If it were
available for the SE-R/Altima transmission, this would make the 5-speed
car *very* attractive.  It'd be quite a bit longer-legged than a Spec-V,
which (I think) would make it more practical for the street.
Close-ratio transmissions are fun, but I don't like the fact that I
change gears TWICE just to get to 60, and I don't like the fact that
when I'm cruising at 70, it's not worth the effort to drop into third
just to pass somebody.  Spec-Vee owners, do ya' hear me?

> ...I've been trying to figure this one out...the dealer
> says only the Spec-V has VLSD!

Specs don't have a VLSD, either.  See above. ;)  Specs have an HLSD,
SE-Rs have none, the SE 2.0 w/PP was the only B15 with a VLSD.

--
-=|JP|=-        "It's like a koala crapped a rainbow in my brain..."

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |