Dyno results

joel armstrong yesous2@comcast.net
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 13:05:43 -0500

In light of my bad track times, I had to hit the dyno to
find out what was going on. The dyno runs were done in
4th gear. On every run the boost falls off after 6k rpms.
Stock boost 7 psi
5k rpms - 145 hp & 151 tq.
6k rpms - 122 hp & 107 tq.
16 psi & 15 deg timing
5k rpms - 223 hp & 234 tq.
6k rpms - 191 hp & 166 tq.
The tech said my car was running lean and I needed more fuel.
16 psi & 18 deg timing
5k rpms - 220 hp & 231 tq.
6k rpms - 200 hp & 175 tq.
I know most recommend 15 deg timing for the GTIR but it
stayed strong in the upper rpm range at 18 than 15 did.
Any ideas where I'm losing out at? I'm going to get my fuel
pump, fuel regulator and 3 inch exhaust and try this again.
Anything else I should look for? Help me out!  Joel

Joel & Viola Armstrong
Walk by Faith not by Sight!