ecu reseset question

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 23:31:25 -0500

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 10:46:11AM -0500, Nelsito0@aol.com wrote:

> filter replacing te stock intake   after a month or two of  use my MAF
> screwed up and i was told to reset te ecu when i reinstalled the filter

Straighten these out first:

 1. Which (brand, type) cone filter did you get?
 2. What do you mean, "screwed up?"
 3. What do you mean, "reinstalled?"

> can anyone help me in reseting it

Just disconnect the battery overnight for starters.  Depending on what
type of code you're getting, though, this may or may not help your
situation.  Some types of engine codes need a certain number of cold
starts to reset themselves, some can only be reset by a handheld
computer.  Let's do some more digging and get this one figured out.

--
-=|JP|=-        "It's like a koala crapped a rainbow in my brain..."

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |