painting CAI

sean mcmahon badahab@yahoo.com
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 22:38:26 -0500

A lot of guys gave a lot of good advice on powder coating.  There is a place
near me that does it for like 20 - 30 bucks for intakes.  It really depends on
whos doing it.  If you get a diy kit dont do it in your cooking oven BAD BAD
BAD BAD BAD.  Unless you like the taste of melted plastic in everything.

Heat wrap wont gain you one single pony.  Someone told me its the new thing for
looks, I think it looks like ass.  That crap is expensive too.  Youd be better
off buying one of those rci insulation wrap things out of a summit or any other
catalog.

No need to use a high temp paint or clear coat.  Cai's stay decently cold.

I would just over all avoid spray painting it.  Ive had my drunken encounters
with spray paint, and my valve cover paid dearly for it.

-sean