Front wheel bearing replaced due to noise

Jason Schymanski fmdyftm@yahoo.com
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 18:30:48 -0500

Ivan wrote--------------------------------
I have had a wheel bearing noise for the past several
years.  It was not
like the other symptoms I have read about on this list
(no
wheel play,
grinding, squealing) so I thought I would provide a
write-up for anyone
who might have this alternative noise like mine.

I also have a noise that has been gradually getting
worse over the last 14 months.  I am planning on
replacing the front wheel bearings but am unsure
wether to replace the hubs or not.  I think my bad
bearings (also no squealing or wheel play) happened
when I forgot to torque the wheel lugs (they were on
finger-tight) and then drove around for a while.

Ivan, did you replace the hubs or not.

Who thinks I should also replace the hubs?

Thanks,
Jason Schymanski
1999 Sentra SE needs front wheel bearings
1991 Sentra SE-R has new front wheel bearings, needs
new tie-rod ends and outer steering rack dust boots