SV: SR20VE

Carsten Elmegård Carsten.Elmegaard@EMTScenter.com
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 05:05:25 -0500

Hey George!

Thanx for the back-up! :o)))

Let me begin with excusing to all those who think I'm wasting there time
and try to explain my question!!

Normally I would try to look in the forums, but for the time being I'm
VERY hung up!! - I haven't exactly been very lucky with my swap!!

I got a really really really fine engine with A LOT of help from Sandy
(NZ) Primera Man (AF) - It has only cost me around 3000NZD incl. freight
and GST and it is almost brand new!! - The problem is though that the
freight company have damaged the engine during freight and I have so far
used around 6000 NZD on parts and freight to get my engine assembled
again. And to make everything even better the freight company won't pay
a single cent so far!

I tried to contact Nissan Denmark and Nissan Europe for help with
finding/ordering parts, but they wouldn't help me at all!!! The ONLY
Nissan dealer which has found the time, and wanted to help me with
everything so far is "Jim Wright Nissan" (Thanx)

After I have received all the parts and where ready to do the swap, I
was ordered to attend to an KURSUS for four weeks from 16-22 beside my
normal job from 08-16, so I had to get a good friend do the swap for
me!! Everything is ready to go, but we need the last data to get the
engine completely ready, and as far as I now (It might be wrong) then
there is two types of SR20VE engines, which gives a risk that the valve
clearance I would find with the little amount of time I have for the
time being, COULD be the wrong value, so to be sure not to get any more
bad experiences I wrote you guys a mail, because I needed a QUICK and
CORRECT answer and because I thought that one of you had to know it.

I'm NOT EXPECTING people to read all forums to find my answer and do my
work!! But if somebody knew the answer and could find the time to help
me then it would be just fine. It would make my situation SO MUCH easier
if I could be sure that the values I got were the right.

But if that was too much to ask, and nobody knows it, then I'm sorry.

Best Regards
Carsten (TeamNissan)