one observation and question about oil filters

JFormantes@aol.com JFormantes@aol.com
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 09:27:59 -0500

Since all of you guys are talking about engine Oil filters may I suggest that
you stay away from these piece of shit STP oil filters.... at that time
Autozone had a big stock sale so I was tempted to buy these crap. Worst thing
happened is that filter cracked on both SR20 equipped cars...it broke on the
same week!...the oil pressure light didn't lit....I just notice that my
garage floor has oil leak.

After cutting in half the bad oil filters, I noticed that it has very thin
case....and a hairline cracked...STP oil filters for $ 0.99 cents are not
worth it.