TPS not reading 4 volts at WOT with JWT ECU

Jason Schymanski fmdyftm@yahoo.com
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 12:52:48 -0500

Don't worry Ray, I gave you credit ;)  The text I sent
Steve was from a private email though, I didn't look
for it in the archives.
Someone else asked what these things do.  The sensors
relate to the EVAP system, which purges gas fumes
while the car is running under certain conditions (not
WOT or idle, I think).  I don't know why it effects
the TPS supply voltage, but it definately needs to
know the TPS voltage so it will know if it can purge
now or not.

Jason Schymanski
1991 SE-R
1999 SE with 97 JWT ECU

Steve wrote:
> I did what he said and was able to get my TPS to
work
just fine.
> If I had only done this before paying for 2 hours of
dyno
time.
> Oh, well live and learn.  One for the archives I
quess.

Then Ray wrote:
All of that information came as a direct result of
issues I
discovered while running a 96 in my 98.  I spent many
phone
calls with JWT.  You probably could have found that
info
in the Archives here too.  I know I posted it.