one observation and question about oil filters

Brian Cembor bcembor@fastenal.com
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 11:06:51 -0500

Considering all that has been said about the filter vs. filter I will say
something... (seeing as this is all my fault ;^p)...

Mostly a matter of preference... as long as its not a Fram... what you
choose to use. As long as the filter is of quality material and construction
I imagine you should be fine, whether it is a $5 OEM or $9 OEM equivalent.
Thinking about it some more though... I probably bought into K&N's excellent
marketing strategy... "they know our air filters.. they will buy our oil
filters, even if it is no better than OEM" (all conversations are fictional
unless proven otherwise)

Oh well... it's my $9

Brain.. er, Brian
'92 SE-R