one observation and question about oil filters

Jim Wright wrightj@apple.com
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 20:17:16 -0500

On Monday, August 19, 2002, at 05:07 PM, Larry Martin wrote:

> Frankly will likely return to Nissan as the double or better price
> differential doesn't

> seem worth it in retrospect.  That topside nut might change my mind
> however.

Larry, keep in mind that the K&N will be filtering very fine particles
that the Nissan and other standard filters will let pass.  These small
particles will take their toll over time, so that is definitely
something to consider.

I think that anyone that bothers to spend the extra money on synthetic
oil should go ahead and spend the money on a better filter too.  If
your oil isn't staying as clean as possible, what's the point?