Fate of the list

Chris Davis davischris@comcast.net
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 18:25:39 -0500

Larry,

I respect your opinions and all the work you have done on behalf of the
community.  It is certainly more than I have done and as much as I have
tried to contribute (mostly on the forum due to newbie concentration levels)
I have taken far more.  I currently see this list as the hardcore info list
due to the experience of the community here.  Thus I am willing to wade
through it to find what I am interested in.  You have every right to design
the content as you see fit.  I would feel remiss if I did not point out what
I feel to be a design issue that has led to the decline of the list because
content certainly isn't lacking.  Of course, you can take it for what its
worth because I myself am an industrial/graphic designer.

As for Geo's response, yes "veteran" is a better term than "senior." :)  I
feel as though it is a right of passage somehow to have a spirited debate
with George on an issue and I'll not soon forget mine.  Especially when we
disagreed about disagreeing.  That was a riot.  Feel free to disagree with
me about that!  Anyway, I am glad to see many of the "veterans" out on the
forums.  The community of the SE-R fan is greater than any one list and it
will endure in other forms and through friendships brought about by a common
obsession.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Lawrence Weeks [mailto:dev@deskmedia.com]

And therein lies differing paradigms. Mailing lists are preferred,
largely, by "power users." Why? Because we have the tools and the
knowledge to use them to handle the traffic and shape it and organize
it to fit our particular preferences. I prefer mailing lists because I
see them as a source of raw data which is delivered to me, rather than
my having to seek it out. My computer organizes and presents it to
me as I wish via filters and a highly configurable and powerful mail
client.