READ THIS

Lewis Shadoff lshadoff@brazosport.cc.tx.us
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 08:46:21 -0500

Larry, I would like to see the list continue.  I really appreciate all the
work you have put in for all of us, and would hate to see all your efforts
"blow away on the wind".  It is a thankless task to maintain a list, I
know, but be assured you are appreciated.  It is because you care that you
started this thread, and hopefully it is a wake up call to all of us to
heed what has been said.

I found the list in 1997 after buying my car (based on a Consumer Reports
evaluation) to commute 50 miles each way to Houston to attend law
school.  Through the list I discovered that there were performance parts
available which could produce unbelievable amounts of power.  I was hooked,
and started modding my car when it had only 11,000 miles.

I soon discovered that I was a second-class citizen of the list since my
car was auto.  This led to my becoming an advocate and a resource for the
auto trans.

My posts to the list give me a kind of immortality through the archiving of
all the messages I write, and I enjoy respect from people whose opinion I
value.  This is important to me.

Not only is the list a resource for information, the dynamics of each thread
are usually enjoyable (when they are of interest to me) and allow me to
judge who knows what they are talking about (something you don't get from
the archives).  When topics are started which I don't care about, I ignore
them; no big deal.

Long live THE LIST!

Lew

Lewis Shadoff
Lake Jackson, TX
'97 200SX SE-R, Level 10 Auto, HotShot turbo
http://www.brazosport.cc.tx.us/~lshadoff/turbo/