READ THIS

Kyle R. Davis kyle-davis@qwest.net
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 01:01:59 -0500

Larry wrote:

>..I was getting ready to do some updates..upgrade..mailing list.. Then I
thought: should I?

In a word "yes".  At the risk of calling my self an "old timer".. geez..
can't believe I just typed that.. but I HAVE been around for awhile on the
list, I'd say 8 years now.

I'm now in digest mode, but still lurk, and if I see a topic I don't see
anyone else answering AND I have the answer I try to reply..

Just as others, I've made ALOT of GREAT friends on the list!
Come to think about it.. 7 of the 9 groomsmen at my wedding a month or so
ago were met on or through the list!  And a ton of my guests were from the
list!

Hell, I was just in NJ 4 days ago and hung out with Kieran and Ray.. if I'd
have more time, I'd met up with Joe, and Carl (as well as any other of the
local list members that wanted to hang out)..
When I visit Chicago (not often), I'd meet up with Larry and Mike..  I've
got friends all over the US because of this list.. and they're all great
people.

I see others making friends and meeting up all the time, and making the
community better and better all the time.

Yes we have our local lists (AZ included), yes we have the SERCA list, yes
we have forums, but I still see a large membership here, and I still see
posts of value.

I for one hope the list says around.. my $0.02

-Kyle "aka old timer (ouch)" Davis