Keep the list but....

B K ndskyz@hotmail.com
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 23:10:30 -0500

>Chris Simmonds wrote:

>>I think one of the great problems of the list is the way newbies are
>>treated.

This is an issue on EVERY List or Fourm I've seen or I'm on. We have it
here. I see it on my ZX-7R list. I see it in the Nissan Frontier fourms. I
see it on my Gas powered R/C list, on the mountain bike forum I go to. (Damn
I got a lot of Hobbies!)

Then Geo scribbled

>That is sometimes a problem.  But sometimes not.  A lot has to do with the
>attitude of the newbie.

Not *sometimes* Geo, most of the time. I make a note on every list that I
join to sit back and see how things operate. When newbies get there hands
slapped is when the join a list, on the first day..first post demanding
answers to thier questions. Not making any effort to see what the rules or
how the list works, or putting any effort into their problem. This is when
newbies get into trouble.

>Mark, aka "hlava" is an *excellent* example.  He came to the list with
>questions that weren't just out of >left field. When it was suggested to
>him to search the archives, he did.

Exactly...a little effort goes a long way.

Bryan King
96' 200SX SE-R <----still a paper weight
02' Frontier S/C CC LB <--- toy hauler
2K ZX-7R <----- track toy