Keep the list but....

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 22:20:11 -0500

Chris Simmonds wrote:

>I think one of the great problems of the list is the way newbies are treated.

That is sometimes a problem.  But sometimes not.  A lot has to do with the
attitude of the newbie.  Mark, aka "hlava" is an *excellent* example.  He
came to the list with questions that weren't just out of left field.  When
it was suggested to him to search the archives, he did.  He gets lots of
and he truly appreciates it.  Others just have a neuron fire in their brain
and they have to post about it.  Some just waste everyone's time.

I'm not getting down on newbies.  I've tried *very* hard in the last 3
years to really be much more careful with them.  We *need* newbies.  I
think we need to try to mentor the newbies rather than torment them. :-)

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20 turbo (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>