Read This

russell mcmullan cleanone@hotmail.com
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 19:55:42 -0500

Keep the list

I joined the list in '98.  I was on my 3rd car and my first Nissan.  It was
a '92 Sentra E 1.6 2 door that I bought in '95 and started adding mods to
(thank you Andreas Miko for your help and for giving me my first ride in a
juiced blue Classic SE-R that stomped a C-4 Vette).  I needed an SE-R.  I
moved from Miami to Orlando in July of '98 and that is about the same time I
joined the list. I got a job that paid me more than ever before. I lurked
and learned for a while.  March 1st '99 I bought a '96 SE-R for $8000.  I
wanted a classic but the '96 was a good deal.  It came with a leaking
exhaust manifold, so one week later it had a Hotshot Gen 3 header.  By this
time I already knew where I wanted to go with the car, a vision if you will.
  Thanks to this list.  I went through many trials and tribulations with my
SE-R and had the list to help me every step of the way.  My vision was
achieved sometime in 2001.  I have only done maintenance to the car ever
since.  I now own a black '92 SE-R that I intend on racing in SCCA ITS.

I have not posted in a while because I have not had any questons.  I do
admit that in reading the list almost every day for the past 2 years I have
not always answered questions I knew the answers to, maybe if I had, some
more people would have stuck around.  I always hated to see the "no one
answered my question" posts and the "I have to leave the list after xxx
long"  It made me feel like the list had let people down.  We can't always
pass the buck even though I admit to doing so myself.  Not everyone is
perfect and neither is the list.  I would like to thank those that helped me
and inspired me even if they are no longer around.

Please post your stories about how this list helped you and maybe we can
keep it going to help the newcomeres to the SE-R community.

Keep the list.

Russell McMullan
Orlando, Fl
'96 SE-R "Dream Car"