READ THIS

ianshannon97 ianshannon97@msn.com
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 15:44:30 -0500

Larry, this is still the mother list which all Forums spawn from. The thing
that seperates this list from say the Sr20de forum is mainly the HTML access.
Explaining something is one. Providing as link is cool biut seeing what the
heck it is you are looking for or want is the key. Then too the search engines
pick up the forums. I met Andreas Miko on the SR20Deforum. Remember when the
entire list back in 98 wanted to know who the hell built a 9 second 200SX? Or
the 175HP NOS 200SX? There he was.

What is basically killing the list is the http://www.se-r.net . I have begged
to become a moderator and to help update the multimedia section and others
have too. Those in charge either didn't want to let go or never responded to
e-mails. When people strop at teh www.se-r.net and see the same information
they saw months, then years ago not updated they are turned off. Thats why
there is not really a boom in member ship. A lot of forum members I know
refuse to join or re-join the list because of this and people not answering
questions.

You are right, there are a lot of meets being held outside of SERCA and the
mailing list. I posted about a NYC BBQ and there was attendance of about 50.
Ian (not me) in PA had a PA meet and their meet was HUGE!

You may want to keep the list conservative and seperate from the so called
"immature forums" but that is the worst thing you could do if you want the
community to grow and get fresh knoweledge flowing thru the archives.

THIS TIME I SAY YOU CAN'T BEAT EM SO YOU GOTTA JOIN THEM!

91 NX2000 with work.
97 Maxima SE, smooth and powerful automatic
http://www.angelfire.com/ny/ianjiggyroom/IansNX2000page.html