Help

EJ Ortiz erniejoel@yahoo.com
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 09:05:00 -0500

Good Morning iwent to the track last night to test my
SE-R i was having a lot of wheel hop so i took it easy
on the car but this morning i found a very nice amount
of gear oil on the floor on my driveway so i decided
to remove the tranny but this is what i found i remove
the right hand axle and cleaned all the oil mess and
nothing seems to be broken no cracks or something
similar the oil seems to be coming from the oil seal
instead of a transmision crack the thing is that it
was not leaking before. Can the wheel hop break only
the axle seal? I have JWT mount installed if that
makes a difference. I have my car on jackstands and i
need it by the end of the day so your help will be
greatly apreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ernie J.
1997 SE-R (leaking tranny)