tail lamp

Brian Cembor bcembor@fastenal.com
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 07:29:58 -0500

So... I am going to change the burned out spoiler lamp last night... I get
it unscrewed and pulled off... twist and pull... twist and PULL... twist and
PUUULLLL... finally I had to leverage out with a screwdriver and bulb
separated from the socket. Well I grab the end of the bulb to pull it out
and it won't fit through the hole. When it burned out it deformed the glass
such that it would not fit back through the hole. Well I used the
screwdriver to bust the bulb and got it out that way. Then, looking at the
socket, it is singed on the edges and the plastic piece on the housing it
twists onto is melted, making it really hard to get back in.
So... now I have no third lamp working. With much swearing, squeezing, and
pushing I was able to get it all back together. but now I fear the whole
thing is garbage.

Does anyone have a spare Classic spoiler lamp for sale. I think I am just
gonna replace altogether. Oh yeah, it needs to be black please.
TIA,
Brian Cembor
'92 SE-R
"two outta three ain't bad"