3m WINDOW WELD & brake pads

Probe Dude probedude@hotmail.com
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 18:39:34 -0500

Before there were liquid filled mounts, there was only plain rubber ones and
they didn't have excessive play because they were designed not to.

Point being, if it was designed to not be a liquid filled mount it is not
going to have excessive play.

With my original mount in my B13, and with the replacement OEM mount,
neither were filled.  I had to replace mine because it collapsed over time
and transmitted too much vibration to the inside of the car.  No leaks, and
no fluid inside.

Now my build date was 11/90 so maybe they cut over to liquid later.

Does yours have a vent hole at the top of the mount? (a hole through the
aluminum support and a hole into the rubber portion).

Dave