G20 windows possessed

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 21:46:42 -0500

Matt MA wrote:

>Something similar happened to me, although it was on my manual crank
>windows on a classic. What happened was that the integral brackets near
>the bottom of the glass had broken off, so the crank was not able raise or
>lower the glass.  A new piece of glass was the fix.

OK folks, this was the closest to the correct answer.

First things first.  For the archives:

G20 power window windows won't raise go up stuck down

OK, the answer, after some poking around......

The window is indeed bolted to a plastic "carrier" that slides on the
track.  The cable has a little hex attached to it that fits into this
"carrier."  The top of the "carrier" broke, allowing the cable and hex to
move freely w/o the window.

Tonight and tomorrow I'll figure out what it will take to fix it.  Looks
like I will have to replace the track.  The biggest trick will be figuring
out how to disconnect the cable from the track.  Might be junkyard hopping
tomorrow.

I'll fill everyone else in (as well as the archives) once I know the final
answer.

And Wayne, get those Bosch plugs.  You'll love 'em.  "Trust me." ;-)

Thanks everyone for playing.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20 turbo (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>