97 200SX Power Door Lock Problem

Will Norton will_norton@hotmail.com
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 20:39:45 -0500

So my 97 200SX power locks don't work when I want them to. They lock
themselves when I go over bumps etc.  The problem is bad sometimes and
really bad others.  The problem started all of the sudden and I had not been
working on the cars electrical system right before the problem or anything.

The drivers power lock switch will never unlocks the doors. At times the car
will automatically lock the door the second I unlock it manually (doesn't
seem safe).  Sometimes the doors lock and unlock them selves a few times in
a row.  The key fob appears to work.  I hear a clicking (turn signal like
noise under the dash) sometimes when this crap is going on.  Up until now I
have been really happy with the car and I hope this is something easy and
cheap to fix...

I searched the Archives and could only find a reference to letting it rain
in the car with the windows down (which I don't think I have done). It
recommended pulling the harness out of the switch and letting it dry out.  I
will try this but I am doubtful that it is my problem.   I would greatly
appreciate any help/advice I can get before I undertake this task.

Thanks,

Will