Coil packs

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 16:55:49 -0500

On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 09:24:12AM -0500, Morales, Roberto J. wrote:

> Thanks for the answer but what is it for?

For converting your ignition from a "traditional" distributor-based
system to one where each spark plug gets it's own coil.  QRs and QGs
have something like this from the factory...something like it, anyway.

> What are gains losses?

Not much to speak of.

> If I were to get a Turbo I assume that it would almost be a necessity.

I've never actually seen one of these ignitions on an SR20DE[T] with my
own eyes.  On the other hand, I've seen several 400 WHP turbo SE-Rs with
barely more than factory ignitons.  A good upgrade for turbo dudes is a
more traditional MSD 6 or Digital-6 Plus, a coil booster, and the proper
plugs for your application.

> spoke to someone at Summit they made a comment to the effect that all
> new cars are being build with this type of spark generator.

Not all.  Quite a few, though.

--
-=|JP|=-               Cheap, Fast, Reliable; Pick any Two.

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.cardomain.com/id/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net        |