Water pump replacement question

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 19:05:35 -0500

Question for anyone that's ever yanked an engine or replaced a water
pump:  I'd like to replace my water pump (just for preventive maintenance)
and right now I still have the tranny out for a clutch replacement.

Would it be worth the effort to try to do the pump at this time?  I was
considering releasing the one remaining motor mount and sliding the engine
over a few inches, and maybe having a lot easier job of the pump
replacement.  Was gonna replace radiator hoses, so I can pull those
out.  How much other shit has to come loose to move the engine that
much?  And would it be all that helpful?
   -Thanks,    Wayne