My Car Has Ears!

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 20:30:29 -0500

I'm serious! On my last post, I asked a lot of questions. Should've broken
them down but was getting antsy... sorry.

You see, my wife and I are taking a vacation in the Smokey Mts the first
week of September. I really really want to take the SE-R... I need to drive
on some twistys. This will be our last vacation for at least a couple
years... small 3 yr old "wonder" boy at home, twins due in December. So...
I'm trying to get the car all ready to go.

Despite all my questions from last time, I have a new one. My brake pedal is
making a strange creaking and rubber on rubber noise while at a complete
stop. It hasn't done this before. And, now the ABS light stays on almost
constantly. I topped off my resevoir last week, the car brakes fine w/no
weird noises or long distances. What the heck is happening here? What the
heck did I FUBAR this time?

I will check the codes in the box this weekend. Maybe for once I'll be able
to answer my own questions.

I swear my car has ears. Ever since I've said that I need to get this and
that done by the end of August, little things have started to pop up. It's
like she's saying, "Take care of me now, because come December, you ain't
going to have no more time".

Later,
Mark