Helping a friends dead SE-R

Brian Kokoska bkoko001@yahoo.com
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 15:09:46 -0500

You *can* get that rubber spark plug boot out with a
long needle-nose pliers.  Pay $30 for Craftsman at
Sears or $11 for Great Neck at Autozone.  The AutoZone
pliers are a little slimmer and fit down there a
little easier.  There's a tool for every job.
BK

Message: 9To: "Christopher Seabert"
<wickedsr20de@hotmail.com>,
	se-r@lists.deskmedia.comFrom: Wayne Cox
<wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Helping a friends dead SE-RDate: Sun, 21
Jul 2002 08:58:30 -0500
At 04:57 AM 7/21/2002 -0500, Christopher Seabert
wrote:
>took off #4 spark plug wire out and it was stuck.
Then pulled it really
>hard and it came out but it came apart. What I mean
is that you know the
>rubber round part on the bottom part .... now we have
to take off the
>valve cover and start cutting away at the rubber part
and try to take it
>out piece by piece
I'd try to avoid removing the valve cover.  It's a
PITA and you risk
getting chunks of plug boot and other dirt inside your
engine.  You can
probably get it out with a long needle-nose pliers.