'02 G20 Sport: negative camber from factory?

Jarrod K. Wright jkwright@sprintmail.com
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 11:44:13 -0500

Hello everyone,

First of all, I'm not dead yet. Just very meek. ;-)

Secondly, I've done some searching on SE-R.net and the G20 Forum (the
latter is a useless place to go) without much success regarding an
alignment question. My wife's four-month-old G20 Sport seems to have
quite a bit of negative camber dialed in to the rears, perhaps a degree
to a degree and a quarter. It's more than I'm used to seeing on Nissan
street cars, although since this is my first foray into the, um,
Wonderful World of the Multi-Link Beam, who knows. Other P11 G20s, even
the G20t, seem to have rear camber set much closer to zero. I have yet
to see another '02 Sport model against which to compare.

Is this amount of negative camber normal, or should I take the car to
the dealer for a look-see? It certainly looks agressive -- rather
BMW-esque, really -- but I'm concerned about wearing out those soft
Potenzas prematurely. The car handles, rides and drives beautifully
although it does plow like a horse, as might be expected of a
front-driver with a ton of rear camber keeping the back end planted firmly.

TIA for any insights you might have. I still read my digests, even after
all these years. You guys have kept this list up wonderfully.

Cheers,

Jarrod K. Wright
'02 G20 Sport 5-speed
'02 Altima 3.5 SE 5-speed