Web Boards

Parker Williams playatx99@yahoo.com
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 13:27:53 -0500

sadly, I think that the SE-R community as a whole is
starting to get a little watered down.  As word
spreads of the speed, affordability, and modability of
SR20 powered cars, this is only going to worsen.  I am
still very much a newbie, lurking the list for about
the last year and a half, and about the same for the
board, and I have to say that, the board especially,
was just awesome when I first started reading it.
Chock full of great technical info, friendly people to
help you, and VERY LITTLE of the BS that usually
plagues such forums.  While most of the helpful and
friendly people on the forum remain, there is a
disturbing trend toward these new, trash talking,
multi-spoiler laiden individuals who have nothing
better to do with their time than post meaningless
babble in a forum other than the off-topic forum,
where such activity is accepted.  The irony in it all
is that when these issues come up, it is mostly
attributed to the younger age of the new members, and
here I am ranting about the "new young crowd", and am
only 17 myself.  Go figure.

-Parker