Web Boards (was Re: t25 in the 12s)

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 09:11:22 -0500

Ben Davis <bendavis@sr20deforum.com> wrote:

>Maybe you are thinking of b15sentra.net or ClubSi.com. sr20deforum.com is
>SOOOO much more technical and performance oriented. It's plainly obvious to
>anyone who has visited my forums.

The one thing I will say is there certainly is a cultural difference.  I'm
not trying to choose sides here because I am a moderator on in the
technical forum, but I'm just making an observation....

I think on this list there tends to be much more of a culture that requires
proof or the required formulas and variables, etc.  It's more questioning.
OTOH, the web forum tends to be much more open to trying something new.

I think in both cases the groups can become somewhat insular and each have
their own social psychology.  I've noticed this on the Porsche lists and
boards.  It's been kind of an eye opener actually and made me look at the
SR20 lists and forums a bit differently.  Seeing how the Porsche lists and
boards can have narrow thinking has made me look at and recognize where it
happens in the SR20 world.  Kind of interesting.  Now, all of this said, I
have to admit to only looking at 3 forums on the SR20DE forum, so I cannot
comment on the board as a whole I guess.

>> That can easily be done by *ANY* worthwhile email client.  And
>> yes some are even FREE.

>I suppose you are talking about some type of filter. Please explain how you
>would do this easily and effectively.

It's surprisingly simple. :-)  I do this a lot while traveling when I have
to sort through 100-200 messages at a time.

I have some folders in my client (Eudora - much better than MS Outhouse)
that I will transfer new messages to and then sort by subject.  I can read
the first one or two messages and if I'm not interested, I delete the
entire thread.  Works like a charm.  Anything I want to keep or respond to
later, I transfer back to the appropriate folder.

George Roffe