Web Boards (was Re: t25 in the 12s)

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de@epix.net
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 07:52:25 -0500

Ben Davis wrote:

> I'd have to disagree with that comment, Jay. I believe that this
> list is the

Hell no.  Larry Weeks would shudder if he saw that statement.

> same way. And I believe that web boards are BETTER because
> of the simple fact that you can pick and choose the topics
> you want to read on as opposed

Every time I get on *ANY* web board I have to read thru a ton
of useless posts.  And you have to scroll thru everything in a
thread.  Besides the fact everyone loves to post a *HUGE* picture
of their dumb car.  Sure thanks.  Then they reply ten times to the
same thread and I have to see their ugly picture 10 times.

The amount of useless banter on boards is considerably higher as
is the amount of people on their who like stickers 10' wings and
other stuff.  This list can not be compared at all.  It all
comes down to the fact that it *EASY* for people to subscribe
to the web boards and not as easy to join this list.  That
alone keeps some of the ricers out of here.

> to seeing ALL the posts, having to look through ALL of them to
> see if any of them are of interest to you.

That can easily be done by *ANY* worthwhile email client.  And
yes some are even FREE.

RK