ser brake pad help

Brent Meints mein3@fsuimail.ferris.edu
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 12:39:29 -0500

All I do is take the two large bolts off that hold the caliper to the
spindle, then I slide the caliper off.  Then you press in the pistons on
the calipers, I usually use the old brake pad in there and a C clamp or
D clamp whatever you have.  Then once the piston is backed in (they turn
in on the rears so you need a tool that will spin the pistons back) you
put the new shims and brake pads in and then slide the caliper back over
the rotor and bolt it back on.  Check the rotor for odd wear or grooves
cause it is a good time to replace those also.  You can get Brembo OEM
rotors for around 45 a piece at www.nopionline.com.  There you go, a
brake job in under an hour.  If you don't break open the brake system
then you won't have to bleed them, keep that in mind.  Hope I didn't
forget anything and if I did the list members will gladly help me out
here.

Brent

> Hi My freinds is replacing the rear breakpads on my 94 SER (non abs).
> (He's more mech inclinded than I and changes his brakes on his
EclipseGSX