Tools

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 20:06:44 -0500

Slowly but surely, I'm starting to accumulate tools... even some that I can
use. I used to go to flea markets and just pick up some weird stuff... ya
know, the combo hammer, axe, pickle fork, screw driver, and cheese grater
tools. I couldn't help myself. Of course none of these have proven to be
much use, except as curiosities. And, so far, I've managed to keep them out
of the yard sales.

I have done a lot of research on the mailing list and have actually
purchased some from the list, with more to follow.

I've come across a set of metric crows feet wrenches. They look useful. Are
they, or have I just gotten the tool bug?

Also, I want to purchase a dremel or similar type machine and I've noticed
that the people on the list and forums find a variety of uses for them. I've
seen a cordless that has 5k to 18k rpm available, a cordless that has 5k to
25k rpm available, and a variety of 5k to 35k rpm and 8k to 27k rpm. I've
also seen a bunch of different sets available, with different add ons in
each. Anyway, any suggestions or feedback on which is more useful? Get an
extension attachment for tight spaces? Cordless have enough speed/power?

Thanks again,
Mark

P.S. George.... don't I sound like a "Nick" to you? Hey! I said "Nick" not
"Dick".