Wheel spacers

Louis Whitehead louiswhitehead@hotmail.com
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 18:13:57 -0500

I drive a 1993 Nissan NX2000 with the stock 14X6 alloy wheels. A short time
ago, I purchased a set of classic SE-R rims (14X5.5) with Yoko autocross
tires mounted on them.

When I put the wheels on the NX, all four wheels bolted on with no problem.
However, when I tried to pull forward or backward, the front wheels made a
metal-on-metal grining noise. A friend of mine watched as I tried to drive,
and he said that the front wheels are grinding against the front brake
calipers. He then suggested that wheel spacers would solve the problem.
Would wheel spacers indeed do the trick? If so, what kind of wheel spacers
will I need, and where can I get them? I've already searched the FAQ and the
archives and found nothing on the subject.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Lou