HELP! (ugh) emergency help/advice needed, I f'ed up my PS

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 13:08:27 -0500

At 12:31 PM 7/10/2002 -0500, davidpertuz@mindspring.com wrote:
>and runs down to the pump. Now I cracked the hard line that goes into the
>banjo fitting at the strut tower. Cracked it right at the fitting, too.

I *think* that is the high pressure line.  If so, it's probably got a few
100 PSI on it, and is neither copper nor soldered!  I think you would have
to braze or weld it, but solder or glue sure aren't going to hold.  You
could drive without fluid in the system (and no P.S.) but that might damage
the pump.

If it's the low-pressure return line, then some kind of band-aid may hold.

>Not even Courtesy has the line (almost $100 even at the discount!) in
>stock, so fat chance any local dealers do.

Sounds like a junkyard part to me!  Unless someone in the Atlanta gang has
a parts car.

   -WC