John Frankenheimer

Kevin J. Hart bowlcut@comcast.net
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 21:41:28 -0500

> In case anyone hasn't heard yet, John Frankenheimer has passed.  For those
> unfamiliar with him, he's the director of the fabulous movie Grand Prix,
as
> well as more recently, one of the BMW.com films.

Ah man that is horrible.

After your recomendation on the movie I watched it a couple weeks ago.  TCM
was playing all the great car movies for a while on like saturdays so I
watched it.  That has to be one of the best car movies ever.  Great in car
and around car videos, and great story line.  I did shed a tear at the end
of the movie it really was a good movie and was moving.  Those BMW videos
are just as cool, Ive got them all on CD.  But Grand Prix is now on my list
of must buy dvd of list...

You can tell a "REAL" car nut from a fake one by if he/she says that The
Fast and the Furious is the best car movie out there.  Grand Prix....that is
bar none the best out there.  God the shots of all the carbs opening up on
linkage thats soooo sweet.

Kevin
93 classic (Automatic, Stuff)
will have to rev the car once for the passing of a great director of great
car films