180SX manifold question

Ron Acevedo edo@power.net
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 20:47:44 -0500

> On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 05:16:02PM -0500, Steve wrote:

> > Can the exhaust manifold from a 96 180SX DET be used on a B13? This is
the

> Okay, take this for the monkey poo that it's worth, but I sincerely
> doubt it.  Firstly, the 180SX engine is different.

 `96 RPS13 was equipped with SR20DET. The 180SX model name was grandfathered
over from when the chassis was CA18DET powered.

> I don't know how
> different, but I'm pretty sure the mani won't fit an SR or a GA engine.

See above.

> the Silvia manifold is nearly a total waste.

For a B13? If you got the manifold for free and you know a good fabricator
that won't charge you much - go for it IF and ONLY IF you can't a manifold
better suited for the application.

-Ron