JWT Cams w/Cam gears. SR20DET settings?

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 20:31:04 -0500

On Sun, Jul 07, 2002 at 11:06:29AM -0500, AJ D. wrote:

> Hello I have bought the JWT S4 cams with the adjustable cam gears. I have
> a s13 blacktop SR. Does anyone have this setup? What is recommended?

It would do you well to hit the Turbo forum at SR20DEForum.com, where
several people have S4s on SR20DETs, with stock and larger turbos.  I've
also done some research in this lists archives (www.se-r-list.org), and
have seen recommendations for dialing cams up and down for turbo
applications.  I don't recall what I searched with, but it was something
along the lines of "turbo adjustable cam gears".

How you tune the cams has a lot to do with what you want out of your
engine.  If you want snappier turbo response, you tune one way, but if
you want more power, tune the other way.  The best thing to do is to
rent a chassis dyno for a day, but these archives and the SR20DEForum
archives should get you off to a great start.

I've heard (!!!) that S3s were good for 30 WHP on a mostly-stock Bluebird
DET with little more than a boost controller, but for more than that on
a Bluebird, you need bigger injectors, a bigger MAF sensor, and a few
other things to make power reliably.

--
-=|JP|=-               Cheap, Fast, Reliable; Pick any Two.

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.cardomain.com/id/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net        |