Strange Sounds

Sentras@webtv.net Sentras@webtv.net
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 12:30:25 -0500

     Actually, my '93 SE-R has these symptoms as well. I believe that
pressure builds up in the gas tank and gas is being forced through the
small black cylinder, sorry forget what it's called, located inside and
in front of the rear driver side wheel next to the gas tank. This part
is vibrating so fast that it makes a buzzing noise. I don't think that
your car will explode and I have no knowledge on how to remedy this
particular problem. I personally have made it a habit that every time I
get out of the car I pop open the gas door and unscrew the gas cap to
release the pressure. I know this may look and sound funny, but it
works. BTW, it's not the fuel pump that is vibrating.

Eric