Speaking of M3's (E30 vs. Classic)

Nick Kulczak xracer78@yahoo.com
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 05:19:48 -0500

  So I know this REALLY cocky guy with a '90 M3 (E30),
that is box-stock save for a chip, heavy wheels off an
E-36, and an exhaust with a hole in it. He talks a lot
of smack, and thinks he can lay it down on my '93
Classic w/... open-element intake, lightened flywheel
(12 lb), new clutch, short-shift, 17 degree timing and
freeflow cat and exhaust  --in the quarter mile. I
know he'll outcorner  me, but will he outaccelerate
me? Or is he full of poop? Mileage on his car is 150k,
mine is 170k. I have full compression.
    Specs for his car say everything from "0-60 in the
blink of an eye" to "8.3 seconds." I figure he's at a
weight disadvantage, but a hell of a traction and
torque advantage (IF his car works right). We're
planning on taking this to the strip, where I figure
I'll have him by a car or two.
      Nick
'93 w/tweaks and rattles