OT: OEM replacement shocks - Toyota

Christopher Seabert wickedsr20de@hotmail.com
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 21:04:26 -0500

>>Any suggestions on a good OEM replacemnt shock? Is
>Monroe Sensa-Trac (lifetime warranty) crap or ok? Any
>suggestions would be appreciated.

I would suggest the sensa trac strut if you are with oem replacement.  They
have a special valving in them and more oil and gas in them to keep from
bottoming out. In the cylinder itself there are slits in the middle of it
where the piston valve/plunger stays in which makes the fluid flow more easy
and gives you a more comfortable ride.  Now if you make sudden and agressive
truns or carry a heavy load the plunger /valve moves to a part of the
cylinder without slits and makes it harder for the piston to travel making
it stiffen up.  So it gives you better handling and control when you need
it.  GO for the Sensa tracs and you won't be dissapointed.  BY the way
Monroe did a test for Sears  when they were deciding if to switch over to
Monroe  from gabriels.  They put sensa-trac Lt truck shocks which have the
same valving as I described on a ford explorer and had a explorer with just
stock shocks on them.  They claimed that the sensa-trac shocks also improves
braking performance so what they did was compare braking distances between
the two trucks.  And guess what the ford with the sensa trac shocks stoped a
whole ten feet shorter than the stock. And just to show safety benefits they
put a brick wall at the end of the braking course---the ford with the stock
shocks went right through it.

Well I hope this helps and One more benefit for having sensa tracs all napa
and sears stores sell them so you do not have to have it ordered if you have
to replace them again for any reason. Good Luck.