problem replacing brake rotors

Ben Davis bendavis@sr20deforum.com
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 16:15:03 -0500

> i just ripped off the head.  Is
> there any way i can get the rest of that bolt out
> myself?

If there is any bolt thread left sticking out that you could get some vice
grips on and possibly twist out, soak the thing in PB Blaster for 30 minutes
to an hour, spraying say once every 10 minutes or so. Then get your vice
grips and get them as tight on there and you can and try to remove it.

If there is NOT any of the bolt thread left sticking out, you have two
choices. Number one is soaking it again with PB Blaster and using an easy
out which is a drill bit with reverse spiral threads that grab the inside of
the hole you would drill in the broken bolt to twist out. The other is
simply to drill out the bolt.

Ben Davis
performing DET swap for a sr20deforum buddy tonight at my place-
getting the old DE for my SR20 powered Geo Metro project :)