Blown head gasket question

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 14:37:04 -0500

Bill the arcstarter <arcstarter@hotmail.com> wrote:

>It's really just an exercise in patience and time.

Very true.

>(having an FSM would help)

Can't say that enough.  I've learned to love the Nissan FSM since I bought my
944 manuals.  The Nissan manuals not only show you the schematics, but they
also show you quite well exactly where all the harnesses go and what they
connect to.  I would kill for that about now for my 944.  I'd have *no*
misgivings about just taking all the wiring out of the SE-R or G20 and being
able to put it back.  And people who know me, know that I think electricity is
the work of the devil. :-)

>The mechanic's process for 'working on it':
>1) Remove it.
>2) If some unrelated part is in the way of #1, apply step #1 to it.
>3) Repeat as necessary

You forgot:

If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway. :-)

George Roffe