F~max kit, good quality

Jason Garrett Young jasongyoung@jacomanufacturing.com
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 10:07:31 -0500

I know, I know.

I'm the guy that says the negative stuff about Fmax (mostly about service).
I'm installing a stage II kit on a customers car currently.  I just wanted
to tell everyone that I am impressed with the quality of the pieces.  The
welds are wonderful.  The fitment of their pieces together are great.

Negative:
1. Instructions, what instructions  :-)  There are about 30 pages which is
basically just fluff.  Maybe for the novice, it is decent, but for an
experienced person wanting some tips on what to install first (like the
wastegate to the manifold, then the manifold to the motor, etc, no such
luck)
2. Painted intercooler piping easily scrapes/nicks off and unless you are
perfect, there is really no way not to hit it upon install.
3. Price is high

Positive
1. Quality, from the hardware to the couplings, to the downpipe, to the
manifold
2. Fitment is damn near perfect  (which is hard to do)
3. Tial Wastegate, need I say more?
4. price is high, but for that, you get all the parts you need, don't have
to source all the stuff, and I have yet needed to go buy anything to
complete the kit
5. The welds, very impressive
6. Fitment, yes, I wanted to say that again