Oxygen Sensor follies

Donovan Maxwell dono200sx@yahoo.com
Sun, 30 Jun 2002 11:55:42 -0500

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the o2 sensor in
the front (headers) and the rear o2 sensor(cat)? I went to Autozone
yesterday to get the sensor and they had one that has to be spliced
and one that just needs the special socket. Obviously I went for the
one that doesnt have to be spliced. Well when I went to go install it,
the sensor on the car looked different. I tried to take the sensor off
the car, but it is rusted in there. I tried some "liquid-wrench" to get
the bolts loose, but that didnt work. Frustrated,  I ended up just
replacing the front sensor (doesnt hurt), since they old one and the
new one i had were identical.  I have the 95 200SX with the GA16.
Anyone have any tips for getting the blasted sensor off? Is there a
difference between the sensors? I'm at my wits end and havent seen
anything helpful thus far in my search... Thanks for the help!

Donovan Maxwell
1995 200SX